Join Our Team
CREST Program Advocate
(Collaborative Response to End Self-Neglect in Tennessee)
Staff members in this class are under the general supervision of the Executive Director and the specific supervision of the Aging & Disability Program Director. The Aging & Disability Program Fiscal Manager reviews financial reports for accuracy and correctness, and provides assistance to service providers for fiscal accountability.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collaborate with Adult Protective Services (APS) and area service providers to provide CREST services and resources to clients, in the South Central District, identified and referred by APS.
- Seamlessly locate, coordinate, and ensure the provision of both emergency and long-term client-centered services and resources to elder and vulnerable adults who are APS clients suffering from abuse, neglect, and exploitation, as well as self-neglect.
- Provide services and resources in accordance with the policies and procedures of the State, APS and the Social Services Block Grant.
- Coordinate services and resources to address the identified needs of the APS client, including, but not limited to, emergency housing, emergency food and clothing, transportation, home modification, durable medical equipment, medication, personal care services and homemaker services.
- Attend trainings and/or meetings required by the State, APS or Social Services Block Grant.
- Collect and report data to the State each month regarding APS clients served and types of services received.
- Work alongside the Aging & Disability Program Fiscal Manager to ensure accuracy of clients and services reported the State, and to analyze and track grant funds expended.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to engage effectively in problem solving and empower others to do so.
- Skills in communicating effectively with diverse populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple activities while meeting deadlines.
- Performing other CREST-related duties.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Travel is required for this position – must have reliable transportation.
- Degree from a four year college or university. (Social Services/Work or Gerontology preferred.)
- The equivalent of two years of full-time work experience with at least one years in aging, case management, social services and /or advocacy, or related fields.
- Case management and grant management experience.
- Experience and/or education in gerontology or vulnerable adult services and programs.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to elder and vulnerable adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Public Speaking and Outreach experience.
Administrative Assistant for the Ombudsman Program
The South Central Tennessee Development District/Area Agency on Aging and Disability is advertising for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Ombudsman Program.
The Ombudsman Program provides free assistance to elderly and disabled Tennesseans residing in nursing homes, assisted care living facilities, and resident homes for the aged. The Ombudsman is available to help residents and their families resolve questions or problems and will advocate for solutions to problems for residents of long-term care facilities. The District covers the 13 South Central Tennessee Counties of Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Perry, and Wayne.
The Administrative Assistant is a part- time (29 hours per week) position expected to expire September 30, 2022. Training will be provided by the District Long Term Care Ombudsman. Salary will be $15.00 hourly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pass a criminal background check by national, state and local law enforcement agency.
- Travel may be required.
- 1-2 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience
- Working knowledge of general office equipment
Mailing Address: Attention: Employment
101 Sam Watkins Blvd.,
Mt. Pleasant, TN 38474